IHS Global Insight's offering of agriculture-focused services has continuously expanded with the broadening complexity of the issues facing the agriculture industry today. Our subscription services and specialized consulting services are targeted at clients working globally in the following areas:
We are working on the issues critical to your business and the future of agriculture, which include the following:
- Agricultural inputs;
- Food industry processing;
- Food wholesaling and retailing;
- Agricultural and food trade associations;
- Energy companies; and
- Government agencies.
Our products are designed to bring value to you by not only keeping you informed of the critical issues shaping agriculture today and in the future, but also by allowing you to create custom projects leveraging our complex and fully integrated simultaneous global agricultural models. IHS Global Insight maintains a system of global econometric models spanning grains, oilseeds, fiber crops, fruits, vegetables, beef, pork, poultry, and dairy that are updated quarterly to provide a continuous flow of the implications of the latest policy and market developments on the future of agriculture through 2020. The following are examples of how companies use our services:
- Biofuels, including profitability, generation-two feedstocks, the impacts of environmental policy, and domestic and trade policies;
- Establishing agricultural environmental footprints;
- Environmental issues, including greenhouse gas emissions and climate change, water quantity and quality, and biodiversity;
- Agricultural commodity price variability;
- Long-run food availability and pricing; and
- Domestic and trade policy.
Core Subscription Products
Specialty Subscription Services
The forecast databases included in our subscription services are available through a variety of formats, including DataInsight-Web, our browser-based data application tool, and downloadable spreadsheets.
- Monitoring market developments and gauging their implications;
- Using agricultural projections for market sizing issues;
- Investigating the impact of policy changes related to biofuels and agriculture;
- Quantifying the contribution of technological change;
- Footprinting the environmental impact and progress of specific crops;
- Monitoring commodity price variability and the drivers of that variability; and
- Identifying risks that directly affect the bottom line for farmers, corporations, and governments.
IHS Global Insight's agriculture experts are available to create custom solutions that address your unique challenges and needs. Leveraging our global agricultural econometric modeling systems and our extensive macroeconomic and industry intelligence, we have become an extension of our client's strategic operations by providing detailed insight and analysis critical to their business-planning needs. Examples of our custom solutions include the following:
IHS Global Insight Agriculture Experts
- Biofuels policy analysis;
- Technology scenarios;
- Environmental analysis;
- Fertilizer market assessments;
- Food and agricultural industry overviews;
- Farm equipment sales projections;
- Financial assessment of various types of farm operations;
- Government loan guarantee program assessments;
- Proposed policy reviews; and
- Food supply, demand, and pricing analysis to 2050.
For more than 35 years, our expert team has provided an independent, fact-based view of the agri-industry, fully supported by our 325+ economists worldwide with expertise in over 120 industries and 200 countries.
IHS Global Insight is the world leader in economic and financial analysis, forecasting, and market intelligence, with more than 40 years of experience.