IHS Global Insight's Pricing and Purchasing Service provides the strategic tools and expert advice to help you better understand how, when, and why prices are—or will be—moving. You can rely on IHS Global Insight's essential data, forecasts, and analysis to quantify the sources of price change, as well as:
Our Pricing and Purchasing team of industry analysts monitors and forecasts more than 1200 global price, wage, and manufacturing costs. Forecast coverage includes key global spot market prices, wages, and material costs across 10+ countries for key sectors, including:
- Better understand your suppliers' cost structure
- More effectively manage your supply chain
- Focus on the outlook for key input costs—commodity prices and labor costs
Delivered through MyInsight, IHS Global Insight's client-access Web site, we provide frequent updates on all our Pricing and Purchasing Service analysis and forecasts. Our comprehensive approach to market analysis of prices, costs, demand, productivity, and margins gives you the upper hand in contract negotiations by providing the information you need to:
- Energy products
- Nonferrous metals
- Industrial machinery and equipment
- Electronic components
- Paper and packaging
- Building materials
- Negotiate contract escalation clauses
- Evaluate subcontractor and supplier price quotes
- Track purchasing performance
- Benchmark costs accurately
- Monitor prices and pinpoint the best times to make key purchases
Products and Services
- Capital Cost Planner: provides detailed long-term market perspectives, including demand, prices, supply, and capacity issues for key capital project expense items. Narratives include basic assumptions, market drivers, and forecast risks for core commodities, allowing for more effective risk management. Click here to download a brochure.
- Cost Analyzer: a Web-based application that performs customized cost analysis; provides history and forecasts for 1200 global commodity prices and wages; analyzes a single material buy; breaks down your supply chain into commodities that can be analyzed individually; and allows you to understand whether your supplier's price is reasonable, and why. Click here to download a brochure.
- Cost Planner: 10-year price and wage forecasts for manufacturing and non-manufacturing sectors, quarterly three-year projections and 10-year annual forecasts for prices and wages, and sector overviews.
- European Pricing and Purchasing: provides the same great price coverage as the Cost Planner but includes detailed commodity prices and wage rates within Europe. The European Pricing and Purchasing Service provides narratives by country and industry. Click here to download a brochure.
- Power Planner: delivers detailed cost forecasts to anticipate and manage changes in U.S. gas and electric utility construction and operation and maintenance (O&M) costs. This service is based upon historical Handy-Whitman data, a unique collection of public construction cost indexes specifically for electric, gas, and water utility construction. Click here to download a brochure.
- Supply Manager: an essential tool for supplier negotiations and material benchmarking, providing three-year price and wage projections for manufacturing and non-manufacturing sectors, and quarterly analysis of individual commodities and the underlying sources of price change. Click here to download a brochure.
- Utility Sourcing Advisory Service: delivers near-term pricing guidance for the primary material and equipment purchases of North American utilities. This services allows you to confidently take advantage of pricing highs and lows, mitigate the risk of a volatile market, and more accurately forecast costs. Click here to download a brochure.
- Global Sourcing Module: aids in selection of the most reliable and cost-effective firms from which to procure key commodities. The Global Sourcing Module quantifies the risks associated with global sourcing and provides you with a final Purchasing Score, comparable across suppliers and regions.
- Supplier Market Assessments: Customized, detailed market consulting that highlights main industry producers, capacities, end-markets and clients served. The culmination of extensive primary and secondary research allows clients to fully understand market issues, capacities, and technologies facing the industry, allowing for more effective sourcing and supplier decisions. For more information, please click here.
IHS Global Insight Pricing and Purchasing Experts
For more than 25 years, our expert team has provided an independent, fact-based view of the world's industries and the factors determining prices. Our 325+ economists and analysts worldwide support the service with expertise in over 180 industries and 200 countries.
IHS Global Insight is the world leader in economic and financial analysis, forecasting, and market intelligence-with more than 40 years' experience and an outstanding record for accuracy.